We start the year with a blog post that is in between a Sunday Rundown and a text about an expertise area. With yet another decade behind us, we thought it would be interesting to write about some of the digital marketing predictions for 2020, but also what marked the 2010s.
What marked the 2010s
A lot has happened in the last 10 years. From touchscreen smartphones to duck face, from the Facebook-Cambridge Analytica data scandal to Trump being elected for president, here are some links with major things that happened in the 2010s.
- 33 Ways to Remember the 2010s
- The 2010s: A decade of disruption
- Eight words that changed the way we see ourselves the 2010s
Marketers of the Year 2019
Procter & Gamble, Target and Disney are just some of the brands that manage to stay relevant and increase sales, in times when start-ups are getting all the love. Click on the link below and see why these brands (+7 others) are on Ad Age’s “Marketers of the Year 2019” list.
Trends and predictions for 2020
To start off the segment, we decided to include a link that is pretty obvious. Google Trends is a great tool that helps you explore how data can be used to tell stories.
This is something that interests us the most as marketers. Naturally, we want to know what to expect in digital marketing in 2020. Below are two must-read articles, one from Econsultancy and the other from The Drum.
- Digital advertising trends in 2020: What do the experts predict? – Econsultancy
- The future of media quality in digital advertising – The Drum
Search Engine Optimization
SEO and SERP are two terms that mark our work all year round, every year. They are still relevant and still have a leading role in increasing website visitors and ranking on Google. That is why below we got two great links with SEO predictions for 2020.
- 10 Important 2020 SEO Trends You Need to Know – SearchEngine Journal
- Considering Search & Digital Marketing in 2020 – Majestic Blog
Content is king. No doubt about it. New content sharing platforms emerge quite frequently, so it is important to be up-to-date with what is happening (and what brings good results). On the link below you will find 90 content marketing predictions.
- Back to the Future? 90 Content Marketing Predictions for 2020 – Content Marketing Institute
Social media marketing
This is the every-day of almost every social media manager. In the last 10 years, we have seen so many social media networks and apps that you just do not have the time to test all of them. The first link is a short overview of most social media networks, and below are links about some of our favourites.
- 20 Predictions for Social Media Marketing in 2020 – SocialMediaToday
- Facebook Ad Trends: What Marketers Need to Know – SocialMedia Examiner
- TikTok Trends: What Marketers Need to Know for 2020 – Digital Media Ninja
2019 saw huge developments in the influencer marketing industry. From TikTok becoming the most popular platform of the year to Instagram removing likes, and from the rise of virtual influencers to new legislation from the ASA and the CMA. Let us see what awaits in 2020.
- 8 Influencer Marketing Trends for 2020 [+ INFOGRAPHIC] – Influencer MarketingHub
It might not rule the world just yet, but AI is advancing with the speed of light. You do not believe me? Just click the link below.
- An artificial intelligence predicts the future – The Economist
Thank you for taking the time to read or blog post on what marked the 2010s and digital marketing predictions for 2020. At faethe.marketing we have been helping schools to increase student enrollments since 2010. If you are looking to recruit the best matching students for your programmes with minimal cost and effort, feel free to reach out to us.