Digital marketing strategies can help you find the right audience, are measurable and are cost-effective in contrast to traditional marketing. That is why today we will be giving you some digital marketing tips to help you increase student enrollments.
Improve your website experience
Even though website design can be complex, it is important to keep up with the latest trends and optimize your school’s website for the best possible experience. It should leave prospects with a positive impression of your school.
Therefore, your website should be:
- Responsive. If prospects visit the site on their mobile device and it does not load properly, that makes it hard to browse and navigate around it. This means visitors are likely going to leave your website because they cannot find what they are looking for.
- Fast loading. If you want prospects to have a positive impression of your school, make sure your web pages load fast. Nothing annoys us all more than a slow website. Test your website and constantly improve load time.
- Professional. If your website is outdated, in terms of content and design, make sure to update it as soon as possible. Poor websites are often associated with bad product or service. And you do not want that for your school.
Get more traffic to your website
When the hunt for the perfect college begins, you want your school to be on top of the search results. Ranking on the first page of Google can be crucial for prospects to find your school. And if more prospects can find your school, you will increase your student enrollments.
If you want to increase website traffic to your school website you need to incorporate Google AdWords in your digital marketing strategy. Furthermore, with Google AdWords you can advertise to prospects at the very moment they are researching.
Here are some tips:
- Write ad copy that uses your keywords and is compelling enough to encourage prospects to click on your ad.
- Send prospects to a landing page that speaks directly to the audience you identified for the campaign.
- Monitor your advertising performance. Identify what ad groups, ads, and keywords are driving conversions and what the ROI on each of them is.
Build a community on social media
Social media is great for creating an online community and generating conversation. For your school, it can be another vehicle to provide information to prospects. Choose which social media platforms would best suit your school and upload photos and videos, post events, run polls, ask questions and generally improve communication.
For example, Facebook can be great for reaching the parents of prospects who have an interest in where their child is considering to study or is already studying. Using Instagram as part of your digital marketing campaign can help you connect directly with prospects as Instagram has a relatively young user base. Same with Snapchat. Being active on social media will help you increase student enrollment.
Engage with your students and alumni on LinkedIn
LinkedIn may not sound relevant to your school, but it is. Why?
Creating a LinkedIn profile will be great for your search engine performance (ranking on top of the search results, eh?), and as a school it is a great way to encourage individuals to connect. Which individuals? Former students and alumni. In detail, having a LinkedIn group can help you bring former students in a professional manner, which will help strengthen the relationship people have with your school and help you improve or your brand image. All of this means an increase in student enrollments.
Create a blog and produce valuable and engaging content
Having a blog on your website is perfect for establishing knowledge in the marketplace and it provides a valuable tool to improve search engine performance. Rankings are key for prospects to find your school and producing original, valuable and engaging content will, without a doubt, improve your position.
Here are a few tips:
- Gather a group of dedicated writers. Having a blog is a commitment. In order to achieve results, you must be consistent. So, the more contributors you have, the easier it will be to produce content on a consistent basis. Include faculty and student in your group of writers.
- Make a content calendar. Determine which days you want blogs to be published, which topics to include, who writes what, etc. Content calendars are great for keeping track and they give you time to brainstorm posts.
- Write simply and with intent. Although their primary intent is to inform, blogs are meant to be easy-to-read, conversation pieces. Blog posts that are simple and written with intent will always be well-received.
At faethe.marketing we have been helping schools to increase student enrollments. If you are looking to recruit the best matching students for your programmes with minimal cost and effort, feel free to reach out to us.